Arrears of Hard work..finally redeemed!!

  • Thursday, September 02, 2010
  • By Samir Saxena
  • 6 Comments

 It took grueling 7 years 4 months and 2 days for me to decide to finally redeem the arrears of hard work. I quote Aristotle here "We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act but a habit.''

So true. Repeated hard work at the mundane 9 to 5, made me habitually wonder "Am I moving towards achieving excellence at what I am doing?" I couldn't search myself for the answer. Doing the same thing day-in and day-out, should have convinced me to say YES to that. But I couldn't.

I needed something to look deeper inside me, move me from within, make me think, question myself more than questioning around, explore and go back to what I absolutely loved doing while I was in college, and when my horizons expanded: Motorcycling.

They say "Motorcycle not only moves the body, but the soul". I thought, time has come to fulfill the awaited dream. Time to buy my own Royal Enfield. With the value of money going down day by day, it wasn't easy to make up my mind financially to buy such an expensive coalition of art and technology. But I managed.

27th May, 2010: I finally got delivery of my Thunderbird Twinspark. Heavens know it, I was the happiest soul at that moment.

                                                   

I know this post is coming pretty late, when I already have done quite a few soul searching rides on my Thunderbird. But then, as my blog's name suggests, I was profusely confused to decide whether to put this here or not. Well then, you know the answer. देर आये दुरुस्त आये!!!

You Might Also Like

6 comments

  1. Thanks Nishant... for the welcome and for following :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aa gaye maidan mein !!
    Would be looking forward to your posts bro ...

    And yeah, its an honor to be featured here. Thanks so much.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Road to Cloud......
    Medium (RI)is the same....
    Keep posting ...nriding as well...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Road to Cloud...
    Medium is the same..
    Keep posting..n riding as well..

    ReplyDelete
  5. yaar tune kitne kam words me apne jazbaat bayan kiye hai!!! i wish i cud, kudos to you!!!!

    ReplyDelete